Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Sunday

I work from Monday to Saturday, so Sunday is my 'one-day weekend'. What do you usually do at the weekend? Most people will relax by watching TV, cooking a big lunch or dinner for family, visiting relatives, meeting friends and doing chores which they have no time to do during the week. I spend my Sunday doing so many things, too. However, I like taking my son to an art class most.
We set off at 9 am and it takes me about 30 minutes to get to downtown. While waiting to pick him up (around 11.15 am) I usually go for a walk around Hoan Kiem Lake, drinking coffee or going to some bookstores downtown. It is a really good time for me. I can enjoy the peaceful moments in such a beautiful place in the centre of the city: fresh air, green trees, and a healthy walk around.
After picking up my son, we often go straight home. (Sometimes, I take him to visit my mother on the other side of the Red River). On the way home, I buy books or toys for him, but not very often. My son likes KFC, so we call in one in Ba Trieu Street, but not very often, either. When we get home, I like having a short nap, about one and a half hours. I sleep not enough at night, just six hours.
Sunday is when I iron clothes and polish shoes for the next week. As a teacher, I think I need to wear smartly. Besides, my husband is a manager, he often meets customers and business partners, he needs to wear smartly, too. Shoes should be cleaned and polished. Shirts, skirts and dresses should be well-pressed. And I am responsible for this.
I also spend my Sunday preparing for my teaching week, writing my blog and chatting.
I enjoy my Sunday very much.
I post here the latest photo of me in the garden on the bank of Hoan Kiem lake. It was taken this Sunday morning by my friend, who was going for a walk, too. The friend found the sculpture impressive and suggested that I should have a photo. No problem, smile ....