Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

OUP Workshop

My colleague got an invitation by OUP Vietnam and she asked me if I liked she would register for me to take part in this workshop. Of course I liked. Moreover, I was on holiday, not busy at all. The workshop took place on Monday and Tuesday morning, from 8.30 to 11.30. The presenter was Grant Trew from Oxford Univeristy Press, author of Toeic Tactics. He was really good at giving presentations. All of participants felt interested in his presentations.

On Day 1, Mr Trew focused on the needs of professional learners and the ways International Express (coursebook) could be used as part of a standardised test preparation course for tests such as TOEIC. (When the presentation was over, it was raining heavily in Hanoi, affected by Storm number 4. Some of the roads were flooded). On Day 2, he talked about 5 keys ways to motivate students and essential elements of a business English course. What he provided us was really informative and useful.