Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, April 30, 2012

Victory Day 2012

This year we have a long public holiday from 29 April to 1 May. Long enough for people to go away. For some reasons I decide to stay in Hanoi: shopping for some food and clothes, buying some books for my son and myself, buying a new helmet for my son (same brand but bigger size) and visiting my mum.

Hanoi is dry and really hot these days. According to my Accuweather.com in my Nokia, the temperature in the next few days is the highest in May, 37-40 degrees. Terrible, isn't it? Hope no power off.

When I was at mum's place, my sisters were not there. In fact, no family gathering like when my father was alive. I remember those days my family often met and had a meal together. Now they are busy with their own family gathering. We visit our mum whenever we have time and as a result, we come back to the place where we were born and brought up at different times. We meet not as frequently as before.

Spending time there is always wonderful. I have the feeling that I am the youngest. My mum, my brother and sister-in-law really care for me. I never grow up in my family's eyes even I am almost 40 years old.