Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Lunar New Year 2009

It is colder and colder. The themormeter says that it is 12 degrees in my room. I just want to stay inside. Last night, New Year's Eve, like most of Vietnamese people, I stayed up late to welcome New Year and to send wishes to my friends and give lucky money to family members wishing them a good year. At midnight, every body went up to the top floor to pray and to release what is called Sky Light and watch the firework. It drizzled so we could not see the firework clearly. I went back to the room. I felt sad. I missed my father, he passed away more than 50 days. I cried for him. We stayed until 1 am, and then we went to sleep. I woke up quite early, about 6 am.
I ate a bit too much yesterday and today. Holiday - no working - just eating. I think I will become fatter after Tet holiday. I hope just a little. I don't want to be fat.

In the afternoon, I went to the local pagoda. It is customary/traditional to go to pagodas on the first days of the new year.