Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bob's room

When our children are small and always with us, we wish one day they will grow up and be independent. When they are independent we wish them to be small and dependent on us... My son has been sleeping in a different room almost one year. I remember encouraging him a lot to sleep in his own room but not forcing him. Once he agreed to sleep in his own room but in the next morning I saw him sleeping on the sofa in the living room so that he still saw mum. And another day he also agreed to sleep in his own room but during the night when I woke up I saw him sleeping on the floor next to my bed. My friend told me not to worry when he was not ready to do that and that it would be suitable time when he did it himself. And that was it. 

His room has not changed so much since we moved into this flat. I hung some of his paintings on the wall and put our old bookcase which is full of his story books now and some albums which still make me cry whenever I looked our old photos. 

I just bought one more set of bed sheet and pillow covers for him. I really like the new 'face' of the bed so I sat down and asked my son to take this photo of me. One day we will move out, but each room in this small and cozy flat is full of memories.