Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year 2012

This year I decided to spend my 3- day solar Tet holiday in Da Nang and Hoi An, welcoming a new year with my friend. We visited the ancient town of Hoi An and Ngu Hanh Son tourism zone in Da Nang. We intended to explore more but it drizzled, which limited our destinations.

This is the second time I have been to Da Nang and Hoi An. So I felt a bit more confident when strolling around.

Hoi An ancient town is very small and full of tourists. They ban motorbikes and cars some time to make it a pedestrian zone. Within an afternoon you can visit the whole town on the river of Thu Bon. We bought some tickets and visited famous places such as the Japanese bridge, museums, assembly halls of Chinese and handicraft workshops. We did not forget to buy some souvenirs.

In Da nang, we climbed Water Mountain, one of the five famous mountains representing 5 essential substances called (Iron, Wood, Water, Fire and Earth). In the previous time I climbed up and down. This time was different, we went up by the lift and we walked down. Much easier but still tiring for me :-). We managed to get to the highest peak of the mountain.