Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Holiday in Quang Binh

I was so lucky and happy when I had one more chance to travel this summer. After considering where to go, I made a decision: Quang Binh province. When Vietnamese people hear the words "Quang Binh" they immediate think of Nhat Le river, Nhat Le beach, Phong Nha - Ke Bang national forest and white sand and hot weather.

I planned quite well for this short holiday (I learned  how to make plan including the budget from my friend who has travelled a lot in his life). And then we set for the destination.

Everything went on as I thought and as I was told: the sea, the town, the landmarks in the town and caves. We could eat only seafood on the beach, no other choices. Honestly, I was a bit worried when eating seafood. Luckily nothing happened to us:-). What I expected most was to visit the caves. Quang Binh has got 2 famous caves: Phong Nha and Thien Duong (Paradise). The former was discovered long time ago and the latter was discovered in 2005 and it is a very long cave. I planned to visit Phong Nha (shorter distance from the hotel, cheaper, and easier travelling, just sitting on the boat and sailing through cave) but unexpectedly all the people in the tour group wanted to visit Thien Duong. So I changed my plan. Anyhow, I want to visit both of the caves. In the future I will visit the other.

When we went inside the cave, we all admired the beauty which Nature made inside the mountain, behind a very small gate with a diameter of about 1.5 meter. It is worth visiting...